What is 30 Days Wild?
We are going Wild this June! 30 Days Wild is an initiative from the Wildlife Trust which aims to get more of us out into wild spaces and embracing the nature all around us.
The goal is to spend sometime outside going wild every single day for the month of June. Their website is packed with great info and if you sign up you’ll receive a brilliant pack full of inspiration and ideas on how to Go Wild this June.
Our 30 Days Wild To Do List
Alfie is only 22 months old and we’ll be bringing a newborn on all our wild adventures so I’ve scaled them down to create this of of 30 Ways to Play Wild with your Toddler.
1. Feed some animals
2. Paddle in a river
3. Have a picnic
4. Do some art outside with water, paint or chalk
5. Scatter seeds for a wildflower meadow
6. Go on a bug hunt
7. Top up our bird, bee and butterfly feeders
8. Make mud pies
9. Give up our phones on Sundays
10. Read some local nature poetry
11. Visit our local nature reserve
12. Play barefoot in the grass
13. Learn 5 bird songs
14. Pick a wild bouquet
15. Play float or sink in the pond
16. Eat something we grew
17. Give up single use drinks containers
18. Grow some sunflowers
19. Watch the sunset with someone you love…and some wine
20. Go outside first thing in the morning and enjoy the early light and dew
21. Spend the whole day outside
22. Make a log pile for the bugs
23. Build an outdoor book nook
24. Make herbal play dough
25. Plant some veg – there’s still time for lots of peas, salads, courgettes and strawberries
26. Take a magnifying glass to inspect your log pile!
27. Build a wild obstacle course
28. Build a fairy door
29. Fly a kite
30. Hug a tree